This classified ad has expired
Click here to view current advertisements similar to this one.
Feel the emotion of authentic college football more than ever with NCAA
Football 11. From running the ‘no-huddle’ spread offense to walking out
of the tunnel locking arms, everything you do and see will be original
to your favorite school. With an all-new locomotion engine and real
assignment A.I., only NCAA Football 11 gives you 120 ways to win!NCAA Football 11
Well, NCAA Football was the reason I bought an XBOX 360 in the first
place. I have played every incarnation of college football since Bill
Walsh for the Super Nintendo. I've played through a whole season
already, and here are my random thoughts.
1. The game stutters. By that, i mean, that about every third game
or so, right in the middle of the play, it will freeze, except for the
sounds, and then start up again, and then freeze again. Really
annoying, but it only does it for one or two plays, every third or
2. I miss Lee Corso. He might be dumb (not as bad as Dick Vitale)
but the commentary is severely lacking w/o him. For some of the
commentary, my brain will finish his part, "but he just didn't catch
3. I wish there was a way you could control the frequency of the
replays. A two yard gain does not warrant an automatic replay.
4. while the espn integration is nice, it gets old after a while, since it is pretty much the same thing, over and over.
5. Poor quality assurance. While explaining the type of offense in
the loading screen, it states, "...total and control of team." Also,
in the credits, it thanks Frenso State, instead of Fresno State. Adds
to the rushed feel of the game.
6. The opponents (CPU) QB will sometime go to hand off the ball to
the RB, but not give the ball to him, and the QB will keep running
backwards for about 20 more yards.
20 July 2010
A couple of things I forgot to mention. There are also times my
defensive coverage is holding up, the qb runs out of the pocket, my end
comes up, goes to the line of scrimmage, and just stops. By the time i
get control of him, the qb (computer) has already either passed it, or
started running. annoying. another pain is the when you are on defense
and you change the coverage audible (Y and then left) to blitz. EVERY
DARN TIME I DO THIS, Brad Nessler has to pipe up with, "it looks like
the defense is bring the blitz." once or twice is realistic, but when
I'm playing someone, it's really really irritating as it is giving part
of my defense away.
On a positive note, the receiver animation of him toeing the
sideline to bring his feet inbounds has been changed for the better. It
has better recognition of actually how close the dude is to the
sideline, so if he is right on the sideline, he'll drag his foot, and
then fall over, but, if he still close, but not that close, he'll drag
his foot, and then stumble, but catch his balance. This is especially
helpful if no one is around him and then he can take off again for a few
7. While some of the crowd shots are nice, it seems that some of
the developers' girlfriends were used to model as there is a brunette
with glasses and a blonde in every shot of the crowd. She will wear
your school colors, but, be rooting for the home team when you are away.
1. Graphics are awesome. From the stadium turf up to the players'
uniforms. The helmets are especially realistic. It does not have the
cartoony look of last year's version.
2. I like the no huddle option. Now, when you hold Y down, you
actually get the whole play book instead of just running the same play
3. they put all the refs back on the field. Granted, you can run thru them, but it's still a nice touch.
4 The Alamo Bowl is finally placed in the Alamodome. The past few years, it was OUTSIDE.
5. a lot of the animations have been improved. Especially, the QB throwing motion.
6. First ncaa football game in a long time that is quite enjoyable to play.
Random thoughts: Right now, School Showdown is offline, and it's
not worth it yet to play an online dynasty until EA fixes the servers.
EA is aware of the problem. It's fun to also have specific sounds play
at kickoffs, turnovers, 3rd and 4th downs. I do miss the ability to
create your own fan sign which was in 2003 or 2004. I'm not big into
recruiting, nor the road to glory, but I enjoy playing none the less.
For More Information About NCCA 11 <a href=" [please contact me for website address] Here!</a>