Free Classifieds
Home | Post Ad | My Account | Help | Affiliate Program | Local Classifieds | Just Viewed | Keyword Alerts
Affiliate Program
Post Ad
Enter your zip to find stuff near you
 Classifieds > Services > Legal ServicesFlag
Click here to flag this ad for review or to report a problem

workers compensation lawyer Helpline

Item ID#:2749606Location:
New York, New York
Seller ID#:718157 Views:

This classified ad has expired

Click here to view current advertisements similar to this one.

Helping Injured workers since 1997:
Home » Workers Compensation Lawyer
Workers Compensation Lawyers

Workers Compensation
1. Can my employer fire me if I am out and receiving workers’ compensation benefits?

Yes. You should not be fired in retaliation for filing a workers’ compensation claim. However, the workers’ compensation law does not require your employer to hold your position for you until you can return to work.
2. Must I be released to full duty before I can return to work?

No. Your doctor may release you for modified or light duty work before you have reached maximum medical improvement (MMI).
3. Is my employer required to have workers’ compensation insurance?

Employers with four or more employees, part-time or full-time, are required to have workers’ compensation coverage. An employer in the construction industry with one or more employees is required to have insurance.
4. Where does my workers’ compensation benefit check come from?

It comes from your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company (the carrier) or from your employer if the company does not have insurance.
5. Are workers’ compensation benefits taxable?

6. When will I get my first check?

The earliest date you can expect your first check is within three weeks of your injury. This can only happen if you reported your injury to your employer immediately. The carrier is required to send a check within fourteen days after learning you will be disabled for more than a week.
7. Do I have to pay any of the medical costs?

Your employer or its workers’ compensation insurance company must pay for all approved and medically necessary care. If you are injured on or after January 1, 1994, you are required to pay a $10.00 co-payment per visit for medical treatment after you reach maximum medical improvement (MMI).
8. How are the doctors and other health care providers paid?

All authorized health care providers must bill your workers’ compensation insurance company directly. If you receive a bill, mail it to the insurance company or to your lawyer. Do not pay it yourself.
9. Can I choose my own doctor?

No. Your employer or its workers’ compensation insurance carrier can choose the doctor to treat you. If you are unhappy with the doctor chosen by the carrier or want to request a second opinion, we must ask the carrier to provide you with another. As a general rule, you cannot go to a doctor the insurance company has not approved. If you go to your own doctor, you will probably end up responsible for payment of the bills.
10. When is an impairment rating assigned?

When you reach maximum medical improvement (MMI), your treating doctor must give you an impairment rating if you have a permanent loss of function of a part of your body. When that date is approaching, it is important that you let our office know.
11. Am I entitled to a lump-sum settlement of my case?

A lump-sum settlement is allowed but is not mandatory. Any negotiations are strictly voluntary between the injured worker and the insurance company. A judge cannot force the insurance company to settle your case.
Among the most common causes of serious work injuries are accidents involving:

* falling objects
* workers falling from elevated equipment or structures
* highway accidents and those involving cars trucks, forklifts, factory machinery and other devices
* other causes include electrocution and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Our accident attorneys help employees with claims and lawsuits, including those whose injuries involve:

* Slips and falls at work
* Repetitive stress, back strain and other ergonomically based injuries
* Construction site injuries
* Equipment malfunction
* Motor vehicle accidents
* Lifting injuries and needle sticks in hospital or nursing home jobs
* Injuries traveling to work
* Construction Site Falls
* Crane Accidents
* Scaffolding Accidents
* Run-Over by Operating Equipment
* Electrical Accidents
* Trench Collapses
* Fires and Explosions
* Welding Accidents
* Unsafe/ Dangerous Equipment Accidents
* Logging Accidents
* Brazing Accidents
* Cutting Accidents
* Elevator Accidents
* Structure Failure
* Building Collapse
* Supervisor Negligence
* Punch Press Malfunctions
* Fork Lift Accidents
* Dumpster Accidents
* Nailgun Accidents
* Compressor Accidents
* Exploding Compressor
* Gas Explosions
* Utilities
* Trucking
* Warehousing
* Manufacturing
* Finance, Banking, Teaching, and other “White-Collar” Industries
* Casinos, Resorts, Hotels, Spas, Restaurants, and all other Service Industries
* Farming and Agriculture
* Law Enforcement and Security: Police, Sheriffs, Highway Patrol Officers

If you or someone you know was seriously hurt on the job, call Accident & Injury Attorney Network for a Workers Compensation Lawyer.

Get your FREE case evaluation TODAY!

Helping the people since 1997. 1 877 508 5222
My Account
Post Ad
Local Classifieds
Help Topics
Copyright© 1999 - 2018 USFreeads. All rights reserved
Please read our Terms of service & Privacy Policy

Contact Us
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service

5/21/2018 9:36:40 PM UTC