Top 10 Best Christmas Gift Ideas by DigitalRev
It’s the time of the year again! Having trouble shopping for 2010 Christmas Gifts? Electronics are always top rated as the most wanted Christmas Gifts in past years. DigitalRev has some great ideas for you to pick the hottest electronic gifts in 2010.
- How can we not put the Apple iPhone on the top of the list? Apple iPhone 4 is definitely the most ideal gift of the year. In the company, 1/3 of the colleagues own an iPhone 4, and I believe it’s just the same at your company. While iPhone4 becomes the stylish icon nowadays, the iPhone 4 wins for the most wanted Christmas gift in 2010. Perhaps, a Christmas gift for yourself?
An unlocked iPhone 4 is at around $800USD, meaning that you can use it with your current service provider and anywhere in the world, NO Contract! Unlike other iPhones, the iPhone 4 is compatible for video calling with its highest resolution phone screen.
- “Well, the iPhone is a little bit out of my budget this year”. Let’s say your budget is within $500USD, I would recommend the Canon PowerShot S95 at $400USD. Canon PowerShot S95 is being named as the best compact camera at the present time. With its 10.0 megapixels, maximum 3200 ISO, 3.0 LCD, 720p HD movies, and many more, the Canon PowerShot just makes compact cameras to another level.
- Let’s add a little bit more colour to the gift! The Sony TX9 offers Red, Dark Grey, Silver, and Black….and most importantly, the TX9 is in 3D! While every movie has their 3D version, it’s time to add a bit of actions to your own pictures. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX9 features with Sony 3D Sweep Panorama, simultaneously shoots and stores 15 images from different viewpoints, creating three-dimensional visuals. Users can view images with 3D visual effects on the camera screen immediately after shooting by tilting the camera. The price point of the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX9 is at $370USD, which is an affordable electronic product for Christmas Gift.
- This is more a gift to yourself for all of your hard work in 2010 – the Nikon D3100 Twin Kit. If you are new to photography or upgrading from compact cameras, the Nikon D3100 is the best DSLR choice for beginners. The camera itself has 14.2 megapixels and 11-point Autofocus system to keep subjects in focus without the need to press the shutter release button. The Twin kit contains two important lenses: 18-55mm VR & 55-300mm VR, which would be enough for your entry needs. The Nikon D3100 twin lenses kit is at $1,150 USD, and you can also purchase lower priced kits or the body just for $610USD.
- Besides cameras, our poll result has shown that most visitors are interested in Lenses for their Christmas Shopping. We can’t agree more that lenses are extremely important for your pictures, and that’s why we had Kai making a video of “PRO DSLR + CHEAPO LENS VS "CHEAPO" DSLR + PRO LENS”. There are so many selections of lenses from different brands, and we can’t tell them all, but the most popular and wanted lenses are the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200MM F/2.8G ED VR II and Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, both over $2,000USD. There are also smaller lenses, such as 50mm, 18-55mm, at price range of just above $100USD.
- Some may start small in 3D with the Sony TX9 at only $370USD, but some may go big, such as a 3D TV at around $2,600USD price range. The 55” Sony BRAVIA with 1080p / 240Hz / 3D LED-LCD HDTV allows you to experience 3D at home. You can now watch football, games, and movies in Full HD 3D mode and vertical viewing angles. The Sony BRAVIA is the best match with the also Sony brand TX9 camera for Christmas, making your life ready to be in the 3D era in Year 2011.
- If the above gift ideas are a bit out of the range of this year’s budget, you may want to consider some great camera bags, which can also be used as messenger bags. Lowepro is one of the most popular brands in camera bags, and the price range can start as low as $13USD on compact camera cases to $100USD less for backpacks, and full gear bags over $200USD. A great bag in Christmas for your camera and lenses makes a complete package.
- Another Apple’s product has made onto our top 10 list – the Apple iPad! After iPad released in April 2010, this item has been a “must-buy” for most of the people. Don’t need to say too much, the iPad is a bigger version of an iPhone without the phone function. The Apple iPad 3G + WiFi 32GB is at $840USD. Is it a great gift for yourself in Christmas?
- In these two years, DSLR and compact cameras are not the only choices for gifts. MILC is a great choice at mid price range and a “for her” camera in Christmas. The most popular MILCs are the Sony NEX-5 with its cool design and Panasonic Lumix GF1. Both cameras are at compact size with interchangeable lens system below $700USD one lens kit.
- How can we forget our best seller? The Canon EOS 7D. This camera has been on the wish list of most of the photographers. Christmas is the best time to find excuse in purchasing this beauty, and one of the strongest reasons is the add-on happiness for whole year in 2011 by taking awesome pictures. 18 megapixels, 19-point cross-type AF sensor, ISO sensitivity up to 12800, and much more to offer from the Canon EOS 7D. The Body of Canon 7D is at approximately $1,450USD. You may consider buying this and checking it off your wish list this year!