What do experts say are the recommended vitamins for women?
You might be asking this question if you are a woman who cares much about her health. For sure you are not alien to the fact that the recommended vitamins for women are very important to one’s health, but then you must also be aware that choosing vitamins that are appropriate to your sex and age is really what matters more. There are tons of vitamins out there, but you certainly cannot load your body with all of them at once. You only need to select those that would be of greater value to you, considering the health issues you currently face or may face given the fact that you are, first and foremost a woman.
The recommended vitamins for women should be able to address a range of women concerns such as menopause, hormonal imbalance, bone health, eye health, heart health, breast health, cancers of the reproductive organs, colon cancer, beauty and ageing, and general well being. When you look at all these you might be thinking that you would need to take so many vitamins to become healthy, but the truth is, there is just a handful of vitamins and minerals that your body requires, and these are:
1. Vitamin C. Vitamin C is one of the most powerful antioxidants out there, and antioxidants as you know help fight the free radicals that are just about everywhere. The thing is, these free radicals cause cellular damage and this makes you prone to illnesses and premature ageing. Vitamin C is recommended at any age, but the dose should be increased when you are advancing in age. Ideally you should take 60 mg of Vitamin C every day if you happen to be above 50.
2. Vitamin A. Vitamin A is necessary for bone and eye health, two common issues women deal with as they grow in years. You can get your source of Vitamin A from dairy products, liver, and yellow vegetables.
3. Vitamin K. Vitamin K is needed in blood clotting, which goes to say, heavy bleeding can result when there is insufficient Vitamin K in the body. Vitamin K may also be relied upon to manage rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis that commonly occur to ageing women. Good sources of Vitamin K are olive oil, canola oil, and beef liver.
4. Vitamin E. Vitamin E is also an antioxidant, thus its role in delaying the ageing process cannot be undermined. Vitamin E can be sourced from sweet potatoes, mangoes, and vegetable oils.
5. Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12. B-vitamins are involved in the proper functioning of the nervous system. Studies have also shows that they can prevent certain cancers in women.
6. Vitamin B3. Vitamin B3 or Niacin is another B vitamin that is strongly recommended for women in that it helps maintain a healthy weight for women by facilitating the breakdown of sugar into useful energy.
7. Vitamin D. Vitamin is necessary in the absorption of calcium, a mineral that is very important in bone development.
Take this list of recommended vitamins for women to heart, and increase your chances of living a fuller life.
Discover premium quality recommended vitamins for women, visit this website: http://www.bestnutritionsupplements.com