If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, there are certain steps you should take to protect your legal rights. By staying calm, not admitting guilt at the accident scene, and cooperating with the appropriate authorities, you give yourself a much better chance of obtaining financial compensation for any damages you may have suffered.
* Move your vehicle out of traffic if it is safe to do so. Warn others motorists by turning on your vehicle’s hazard lights.
* Check on the condition of other drivers and passengers involved. If anyone requires immediate medical attention, call an ambulance.
* Exchange information with all involved parties. Obtain information including names, addresses, driver license, and insurance policy information.
* While laws differ from state-to-state, in the event of an accident, it is usually a good idea to contact local law enforcement to have a police report prepared.
* Do not make or sign an admission of guilt or responsibility for the accident until you have received professional legal advice.
* Contact your insurance company as soon as possible after the accident and report the incident.
* If you have a camera or a cell phone that can take pictures, photograph the scene before the vehicles are moved as well as any damage to your vehicle. This evidence may come in handy in your personal-injury lawsuit.
* Call Accident & Injury Attorney Network
Our Attorneys have experience with the following motor vehicles accidents:
Injuries sustained can result in fatal injuries or severe injuries that require a lifetime of costly medical care. The force and impact of these collisions can cause catastrophic brain and spinal cord injuries, as well as less severe injuries such as broken bones and internal injuries.
Victims of motor vehicle crashes may suffer from a variety of serious injuries, including:
*HEAD and NECK INJURIES
*SPINAL CORD INJURIES
*TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY (TBI)
Our Attorney’s Also Have Vast Experience In The Following Areas: