Exercise isn't the only important factor to consider when trying to get a flat tummy. The foods you eat are also extremely important.
Below are a few foods that help to burn stomach fat and increase metabolism
* Oatmeal- Oatmeal not only helps increase metabolism but also helps lower cholesterol and helps reduce risk of heart disease and it helps you feel fuller longer (which reduces that snack craving)
* Eggs- They have alot of protein. Protein helps your body burn calories. Protein increases metabolism. Eggs also have the vitamin B12 which greatly helps the body break down fat cells.
* Chicken- (Baked or Grilled) Boneless and Skinless is the best. You can make lots of recipes with chicken. Grilled chicken is high in protein and has no carbs.
* Fish- Low in calories and fat and full of omega 3 fatty acids
(Omega-3 fatty acids are considered essential fatty acids: They are necessary for human health but the body can't make them -- you have to get them through food. Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in fish, such as salmon, tuna, and halibut, other seafood including algae and krill, some plants, and nut oils. Also known as polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), omega-3 fatty acids play a crucial role in brain function as well as normal growth and development. They have also become popular because they may reduce the risk of heart disease. )
* Apricots- Rich in beta carotene and vitamin C. Apricots not only help you burn stomach fat but also helps repair lung function from cigarette smoke (if you are a smoker or a past smoker)
* Green Beans- High in vegetable fiber and important vitamins- Three servings of green vegetables a day is always recommended
* Tuna- Tuna is easy to fix. It is high in vitamin D, low in calories and another good source of omega 3 fatty acids.
* Watermelon- High in vitamin C and fiber. Vitamin C helps the body process fat faster.
* Oranges - also high in Vitamin C
* Low fat cottage cheese- high in protein and fiber
Those are just a few. There are so many healthy foods to eat that can help you burn tummy fat. Remember, essential vitamins for burning stomach fat- Fiber, Protein, Vitamin C and the Omega 3 Fatty Acids. Try to limit carbohydrate intake. Don't avoid them completely. Your body needs to eat fat to burn fat (if that makes sense). Don't avoid carbs completely, carbs give you energy. If you don't get enough carbs, than your body starts to break down protein to get them. Remember, protein is important is losing belly fat so we don't want to lose that.
Drink lots of water. It is best to drink a glass of water before any meal as it helps you feel fuller which cuts your calorie intake. Try to avoid soda when possible but don't deprive yourself. Having an occasional soft drink isn't going to hurt you but try to replace alot of your soda intake with water. You will be amazed at the amount of stomach fat you can lose just by cutting out soda. It has alot of sugar and unnecessary calories. Sugar is a big factor in increased stomach fat. Your body converts sugar to fat if you don't burn it offSee a complete list of foods that help you burn belly fat here!