GoToMeeting has been regularly cited as the most efficient web conferencing software around, although this is subject to some controversy. Dissenters probably feel the way they do because they have not been told how to use GoToMeeting effectively.
This guide will attempt to provide training on how to use GotoMeeting. We'll go through a series of bullet points listing the required steps, if anything is unclear you can leave a comment or send a message and we'll give further clarification on the particular Gotomeeting function that's giving you trouble.
For more information, you can visit the official documentation here: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/gotomeeting/documents
- First, go to the home website of the software and download Gotomeeting. You can click here to get the free trial for 30 or 45 days (depending on your referrer), or you can just flat out buy it.
- Launch the program
- Use the icon in the taskbar to find attendees or invite new people to the meeting
- Configure the numerous audio functions for each attendee's needs
- Change the VOIP settings to conform to the group's requirements.
- Initialize the Gotomeeting screen sharing feature if necessary, and use the whiteboard if you need to.
Most of the business effectiveness of using this application, with a well trained user-base, is travel cost savings & time flexibility. Telephone based conferencing has had its day, and the new web conferencing tools are set to dominate
In an airport or train station, even at the beach, there is no reason why you cannot work out how to use Gotomeeting in almost any environment.