In this video series you'll see how to use the sprawl to obtain a front headlock and side turtle position in a no-gi situation. This is a good way to turn a defensive movement into an offensive opportunity. You'll also see how you can set up a triangle choke from the front head lock position.
Defend Shot by Sprawling to Front Headlock to Side Turtle
* When you sprawl drop your hip down on the side of the leg your opponent is attacking. This keeps him from gaining leg and hip control on that side.
* Get you chest on their back right away.
* Keep your legs and hips out.
* Don't put both of your arms around they back or waist because it's easier for them to do sit outs and even pull guard.
* If his isn't on all fours then walk your body backwards and pull him toward you.
* Get on are around his head and the other around his arm.
* Push his arm under his body by pushing near his elbow, not hear his tricep.
* Transfer his arm to your hand of the arm this is around his head. Grab his arm at the bottom of his tricep near his elbow.
* Keep your shoulder pressured down on his upper back
Moving to Side Turtle
* Turn to the side of the arm that is trapped.
* Bring your free arm around your opponent's waist.
* Drive your knee under your opponent. Will be the one that ends up closed ot his legs.
* Get a strong harness grip on this back with your chest tight on his back and your head down