Do you blog for fun? Or do you blog to make money?! (Or, maybe both … you like to have fun while making money!)
There are a lot of different blog “themes” on the market. Usually they involve making your blog more attractive. Seldom will you find one that is designed to make your blog more profitable.
Take a look around this blog. We call it the “Multiple Streams Theme“. Why? Because not only is it an attractive, professional design, it’s also got…
1. List. You’ll be able to encode the opt-in form with your own list capture information (given to you by your list provider) to use the catchy box to get new subscribers for your newsletter, mini-course, announcement list or any other kind of list.
2. Freebie. See the third box at the top right of your screen? (To the immediate right of the “Latest Posts” box.) Your FREEBIE page gives you several great opportunities to turn a free offer into an order: A. Give away a rebrandable report (most good affiliate programs offer these) that promotes an offer on the back-end. B. Offer a “toolkit” consisting of several reports, articles, videos, etc. that all lead to back-end offers. C. Convince someone to give your visitors a free trial to their membership site or subscription service which gives you a commission should they remain members. Whatever kind of “Freebie” you want to give away can be used on this page to generate new customers.
3. Product Spotlight. There’s an attractive “Product Spotlight” icon just below the Search form on the right hand column of this page. On your “Product Spotlight” page you can do a variety of things to generate revenue from your site: A. Offer a special incentive for anyone ordering the featured product or service through your link. B. Post an interview with the author/creator of a product or service and link to the sales page with your affiliate link. C. Provide a case study of how you’ve used the product or service successfully and link to it with your affiliate link. You can “spotlight” just about anything on this page!
4. Time Sensitive Offers. Below the “Product Spotlight” graphical button is one that reads “Time Sensitive Offers”. Your “Time Sensitive Offers” page can likewise be used in some strategic ways to generate revenue: A. Mention any specific deadline or limit that a recommended new offer has in place. (Ex. Only 250 memberships are being made available and 186 of them are already sold; the 50% off coupon expires on December 12 at midnight.) B. Create your own INCENTIVE that is time or limit sensitive. (Ex. If you order XYZ through the link below before Thursday at noon, I’ll give you… ; If you are one of the first 20 people who order through the link below, I’ll give you…) C. Use a holiday, event or other “built-in” deadline. (Ex. The FTC is changing the rules on December 2nd – this is your last chance to… ; If you want to receive it by Christmas, you absolutely must order by…)
5. New Releases. Next you’ll see a “New Releases” button. On your “New Releases” page you can offer an impartial REVIEW of the latest products and services. A. Focus on ONE key new offer that has just been released and use this page as a timely review which you replace periodically with reviews for another new released, or… B. Use this page as an ARCHIVES for reviews of MANY products and services that you create over time.
6. Offer Buttons. Just below the “New Releases” button you’ll find a whopping EIGHT “Offer Buttons”. These can be encoded with your affiliate link to ANY related offer of your choosing! You’ll see these categories: Affiliate Marketing, Traffic Generation, Blogging, Membership Sites, Making Money, Product Creation, List Building and Web Design/ Hosting. Pick out your favorite resource for each of these and code the graphics with your affiliate link!
7. Reviews Tab. At the very top of the page you’ll see a tab labeled “Reviews”. Obviously, you can use this page to create unbiased reviews of products and services, linking to the salespages of those offers through your affiliate link. Your “Reviews” page can be used in conjunction with the “New Releases” graphic button. If you use your “New Releases” page to focus on a review for ONE new product or service, then use the “Reviews” tab for a page of archived reviews of dozens of products and services over time.
8. Recommended Resources Tab. Next to the “Reviews” tab you’ll find a “Resources” tab. On your “Resources” page you can use your affiliate link to a variety of products, services, membership sites, coaching programs, special reports, videos, eclasses, software programs, scripts, etc. by: A. Creating a “personal rolodex” page of the resources that you personally use yourself. B. Developing a “best buy” list where you post your highest recommendations for a variety of topics. (Ex. This is who I recommend for hosting, this is who I recommend for web design, this is who I recommend for script installation, etc.) C. Organizing an “if you like this, you’ll like this” type list of related resources. (Ex. Music stores do this a lot… If you like Switchfoot, you’ll like Kutless.)
9. About Tab. Next to the “Resources” tab you’ll find an “About” tab. On your “About” page you can tell a bit about yourself and – to make money from the page – you can: A. Share a short list of 4-5 resources that you personally rely on, along with an affiliate link to them. B. Reference a personal mentor who has taught you a lot or made a difference in your life/business, along with an affiliate link to one of their offers. C. Create a short tutorial of the 3-5 most important “steps to success” related to your subject matter and refer to recommended resources for each of the steps or at the close of the tutorial.
10. Link To Multiple Streams Theme. See that unobtrusive, yet highly visible graphic in the uppermost right of your screen that is labeled “10 Built-In Ways To Make Money From Your Blog – Click Here”? You can encode that grahpic with an affiliate link to this site and earn 50% commission when visitors to your blog click thru and order their own copy of this theme! Scroll down to the bottom of the page. You’ll see a small line of text that reads, “Theme By”. Next to it is a link to this site. You can encode that link with an affiliate link and earn 50% commission when visitors to your blog click thru the link and order their own copy of this theme.
If you’re looking for an attractive, professionally-designed, money-making blog theme for the Wordpress blogging platform, this is about as good as it gets.