|Our knowledgeable ASA 101 and ASA 103 instructors have put together a concise and accurate 55 page study guide to help you easily pass your 101 Basic Keelboat and 103 Basic Cruising Exams.|
We also provide you with a practice Basic Keelboat and Basic Cruising exam to avoid any surprises when you write your actual Basic Keelboat and Basic Cruising exams.
Our 55 page study guide is in PDF format with hyperlinks so you can easily move around with the study guide.
This is what we cover:
- Boat partsASA 101 & 103 Sailing Study Guide
- Sails and sail controls
- Ahead, Astern, Abeam
- Helm Commands
- Points of Sail
- Sailing by ‘The Lee’
- Rules of the Road (Colregs)
- Lateral Aids to Navigation - Buoys
- Vessel Registration
- Oil Pollution Placard
- Garbage Placard
- Marine Sanitation Devices (MSD)
- Backfire Flame Control
- USCG Required Safety Equipment
- Navigation Lights
- Float/Sail Plans
- Reporting Boating Accidents
- Boating Under the Influence (BUI)
- Securing a Vessel to a Dock
- Knowing your Knots
- Recommended Safety Equipment
- Stowing Gear
- Safety Harness
- Refueling Procedures
- Basic Coastal Navigation
- Dangers of a ‘Lee Shore’
- Marine Weather Information
- Cumulus and Cumulonimbus Clouds
- Small Craft Advisory and Gale Warning
- Sail Combinations and Wind Strength
- Heaving To
- Responsibilities of the Skipper and Crew
- Operating in Restricted Visibility Conditions
- Sound Signals – Inland
- Diving Flags
- Getting a Crew Overboard back onboard
- Cold Shock
- Hypothermia - symptoms and treatment
- Sources of Fires and Explosions
- Immediate Actions to be taken in different Urgent Situations
As you can see, we cover all the Basic Keelboat and Basic Cruising sailing standards.
To ensure that you will pass your 101 Basic Keelboat and 103 Basic Cruising examinations, we provide you with a 61 question 101 and 103 practice exam and answer key.
After reading our Basic Keelboat and Basic Cruising Sailing Study Guide, you will be able to answer the following questions with ease:
- When do I need to reef my sails?
- When is a vessel a passing or an overtaking vessel and
- what collision regulations apply?
- A vessel motor sailing after dusk should display what lights?
- You are sailing in fog, what sound signals should you make?
- What’s the first thing you do when you discover your vessel is taking on water?
Our sailing study guide for the 101 Basic Keelboat and 103 Basic Cruising courses is in PDF format so you can carry it with you on your smart phone, notebook or laptop.
Place your order and we will email you with our PDF file for downloading.
|Click here to view all my ads|