This classified ad has expiredClick here to view current advertisements similar to this one.
OUR NEXT CLASS IS Sunday February 24, 2013 8:30am-5:30pm in College Point/Flushing - course fee $60.00
Upon Passing the exam you will get your 90 day temporary Certificate the same day
Be advised: apart from any fee the instructor may charge there will be a $10 fee paid directly to NYS Parks for permanent certification of students 18 and older. Kids under 18 state card fee is free
Click on this link to: Register for NYS Boating Safety Course
Must Register online Space is limited, Payments taken securely through paypal. For more info call Captain Rick Mendez 718-956-5000
The New York Safe Boating Course
A safety certificate may be obtained by completing the New York Safe Boating Course, sponsored by the Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. The course is designed as a comprehensive boating course, teaching the fundamentals of safe boating operation and has been approved by the National Association of Boating Law Administrators.
• This course requires a minimum of eight (8) hours of classroom instruction. If you complete a course of less than eight (8) hours you may not be eligible for a certificate.
• Courses are available throughout the state. You must register for a course by calling the contact number provided. The fees vary from course to course.
• When registering, you should inquire about fees, hours, sessions, etc.
• Courses taught by a NYS certified Instructor that is also a Licensed USCG Master Captain
You must hold a safety certificate if:
• You operate a personal watercraft and are at least 14 years of age. Until 2009 operators age 10-13 can still operate with restrictions. Click on Navigation Law updates for complete information.
• You wish to operate a motorboat (other than a personal watercraft) and you are at least 10 years old and less than 18 years old.
• If you are less than 10 years old you may operate a motorboat (non-PWC) only if someone over 18 is on board with you. Anyone may operate a personal watercraft if someone at least 18 years old is riding on the craft and they hold a safety certificate.
|Copyright© 1999 - 2013 USFreeads. All rights reserved|
Terms of Service