The green is what strikes you wherever you go in Kerala - verdant tropical jungles, palm fringed beaches, mighty rivers and rolling hills redolent with aromas of coffee and cardamom. Catch a frenzied Kathakali performance, sample the fiery sea food, drift down the backwaters in a house boat and get a rejuvenating Ayurvedic massage and you will agree that Kerala's claim of being God's Own Country really is true. So, explore this vibrant and enigmatic state with our exciting and cheap packages that offer the best deals and true value for your money!
• Accommodation on twin sharing as per itinerary
• Return transfers from railway station / airport in a chauffeur driven car
• Bed tea /coffee and buffet breakfast
• City to city transfer and sightseeing as per the itinerary by an air-conditioned
car for 3 nights and 4 days
• All hotel taxes
DAY 1: ARRIVAL COCHIN - MUNNAR (135 KMS / 4 HOURS)
Meet and greet assistance on arrival in Cochin. Drive to Munnar check into the hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 2: MUNNAR
After breakfast, go on a sightseeing tour of Munnar. Visit the Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Dam and Dairy Farm, Old Munnar town and the town market. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 3: DRIVE MUNNAR - COCHIN (135 KMS/ 4HOURS)
After breakfast, check out of the hotel. Drive to Cochin and check into the hotel. Go on a sightseeing tour of Cochin visiting the Dutch Palace, St. Francis Church, Jewish Synagogue and see the Chinese fishing nets on the harbour. Enjoy rest of the day at leisure. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 4: DEPART COCHIN
After breakfast, enjoy rest of the day at leisure. Late in the afternoon, check out of the hotel and take a transfer to the railway station /airport for your onward journey.
Munnar wins you over with its tea, pepper, coffee and cardamom estates. The tea gardens run down rolling slopes, covering them in a blanket of effervescent green. Ana Mudi, the highest peak in South India, flanks the town. Visit Eravikulam National Park to spot some beautiful flora and fauna, including the Tahr, an endangered species of mountain goats, as well as langurs and sambars.
The most popular amongst all the festivals of Munnar remains the Nehru Trophy Boat Race held in the month of August. Pavilions are set up for the spectators on the banks and in the middle of Punnamada Lake the venue of the race. There are separate races for women and the race begins with a colorful pageant of floats performing arts and decorated boats and goes on late into the evening.
Explore this dainty town of tiled bungalows and antiques warehouses. The city, founded in 1341 is divided into three distinct districts - the modern Ernakulam and the atmospheric Fort Cochin and Mattancherry, which form prime attractions.
The quaint, cobbled streets of Fort Cochin lead to spice bazaars, ancient mansions and charming Chinese fishing nets. The promenade near the jetty is dotted with eateries and curio shops.
RATES & DATES
(Valid Till - March 31, 2011)
Star Category - 3 Star
Twin Sharing - $ 166
Extra Adult - $102
Child with Bed - $ 69
Terms and Conditions
• Per person rates (Rs) - applicable on 2 persons staying together
sharing the same room
• 2.58% service taxes extra
• Package rates are subject to change without prior notice
• Meal plan: EP - Accommodation only, CP - Accommodation with breakfast,
MAP - Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner,
AP - Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner
• The package can not be combined with any other offer
• Refund on cancellation strictly depends upon concerned hotel's cancellation policy
• The above package is not valid during national holidays, festivals & long weekends
• MakeMyTrip India (Pvt) Ltd reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its
own discretion and without any prior notice