|Enter your zip to find stuff near you|
This classified ad has expiredClick here to view current advertisements similar to this one.
In search of: Equine Barn Manager/Coordinator
• 28 years of age and older have at least 5yrs. extensive equine experience, who is responsible and be able to handle horses and situations that are difficult in a professional manner.
• Have knowledge of equine injuries, sickness, and general health and be able to treat them.
• Be able to give IM injections, worming, and be able to keep adequate records with documentation.
• Have knowledge of equine feeds and rations to be fed. (i.e.grain, hay, proper way to feed)
• Be able to make adequate repairs of tack and misc.
• Have adequate knowledge or riding equipment and/or tack and of proper fitting of saddle, bridle, bit, etc.
• Have extensive knowledge of equine behavior, confirmation, and disposition.
• Be able to keep all barns, pastures, and arenas, organized, clean, and in good repair.
• Make daily safety and soundness checks of equipment including riding helmets and horses before any rides for the day (includes trail riding and lesson program).
• Be a good leader to all persons in regards to horse and barn care, set up and teach riding lessons, camps and assist with trail rides, able to help with and delegate feeding schedules and barn responsibilities.
• Contribute to on-site hunter horse shows as well as traveling to off-site horse shows with lesson program clients.
• Manage lesson program – including but not limited to teaching lessons to beginners, intermediates and possibly adult amateurs (depending on experience) up to six days a week (negotiable). English and/or Western.
• Attend horse shows with show team clientele.
Salary: Depends on experience
• Equine experience: 5+ years
• Coaching/Teaching Lessons: 5+ years
• Management: 3+ years
Email Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org