The SD SAP Business analyst analyzes complex business problems to be solved with SAP and similar automated systems. Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements. Design, configuration, and functional experience in the SD module. May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
Due to government contracts that FLIR holds, the candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder. We cannot accept H1B, EAD, TN or any other arrangements along those lines.
This is a direct hire position with FLIR Systems and comes with a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, 401K matching up to the IRS max of $18K annual, annual bonus, equity and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong SAP technical, configuration, and business area knowledge in SD module. Be able to configure the module assigned at a project level
- Technical, configuration, and business area knowledge in Customer Service/Plant Maintenance module.
- Manage projects of small to medium size and scope.
- Translate user’s requests into application system solutions. Analyze system user requirements to define and design system configuration, enhancements, and modifications
- Resolve business issues by working with various groups within and outside of the company (ie. system users, company management, consultants, software support staff)
- Work in multidisciplinary teams to define and design complex processes and procedures for the configuration, upgrade, and maintenance of sap and related application systems
- Define requirements for specific forms/reports
- Design test plans, execute test scenarios, validate test data, and document test results
- Coordinate end-user training documentation and train end users as required. Perform project management and detailed analysis of business practices, processes, and scenarios. Redesign procedures to suggested best business practices in concert with sap functionality
- Utilize query and reporting tools to provide flexible and timely information to system users determine the appropriate programming tools to supply information to system users
- Perform the majority of the project management functions of the user groups including: coordinating, organizing, planning and scheduling, communicating, tracking accountability, ensuring documentation, monitoring and evaluating, problem solving and technical assistance
- May have primary responsibility for support and maintenance of non-SAP applications or systemsParticipate in the creation and enforcement of IT software standards and procedures.
- Maintain accuracy of helpdesk database of reported problems and the knowledgebase of corrective actions which resolved issue
- Ability to travel 50%+ is required
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years SD SAP Experience required
- BA/BS Degree required
- Proven Software Systems experience
- Proven understanding of database applications, system development, report writing, and SAP ERP.
- Production support and project experience
- Must have solid project management experience, strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of SAP Best practices
- Must have ability to interact with all levels and work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimum of supervision.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Please apply here