worth a pound of cure
As a society we need to start being proactive about our health. The mere fact you are taking the time to read Växa's health tip shows you already have an interest in your health and strive to take an active role in your health care strategies.
According to the International Osteoporosis Foundation there are many misconceptions about osteoporosis. For example, people generally think of osteoporosis as "an old woman's disease." In fact, bone loss in women can begin as early as age 25. Worldwide, the lifetime risk for a woman to have an osteoporotic fracture is 30-40%. In men the risk is about 13%.
Osteoporosis is a disease in which the density and quality of bone are reduced, leading to weakness of the skeleton and increased risk of fracture, particularly of the spine, wrist, hip, pelvis and upper arm. Osteoporosis and associated fractures are an important cause of mortality and morbidity. In most people, osteoporosis is largely preventable. Prevention of this disease is very important because, while there are treatments for osteoporosis, there currently is no cure.
What are the steps you can take to help prevent osteoporosis?
- Eat a balanced diet rich in calcium and vitamin D and supplement your diet with a comprehensive Multi-Mineral.
- Weight-bearing exercise is excellent for Osteoporosis Prevention.
- A healthy lifestyle with no smoking, excessive alcohol or caffeine use is important. All have a detrimental effect on calcium absorption.
- Take a bone density test. This is the standard of measurement determined by the World Health Organization. The bone density measurement is referred to as a T-score.
- Keep your urine pH between 6.5-7.2. An acidic pH will greatly disrupt the body's mineral balance of the three dominant alkaline minerals: sodium, calcium and potassium . The body will take calcium from the bones to neutralize the acidic environment. Click HEREfor more information on keeping your urine pH at an acceptablelevel.
- Taking the Växa BioTrac Analysis will show you where you stand on the essential and non-essential minerals. For osteoporosis prevention, take a close look at the balance of the following key minerals: sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium, boron and phosphorus. Your personal BioTrac will let you know what and how many of these critical minerals you are eliminating. Click HERE to take your test today.
In the United States alone, 25 million people, 80 percent of them women, are affected by osteoporosis. To ensure you are not one of them, start taking the steps to be proactive.
Effective Osteoporosis Prevention includes proper supplementation to ensure you are getting calcium with the co-factors needed for absorption and making the necessary lifestyle changes so that you do not deplete your body of calcium. Taking the proper tests today such as a bone density test, a BioTrac test and using Växa pH test strips to measure urine pH will help you determine your strategies for the prevention of osteoporosis.
1. International Osteoporosis Foundation
2. Prescription for Nutrition Healing
Find out more about Växa's Biotrac Analysis Test... »
Featured health topic from Please Doctor: Cancer Prevention, Treatments, Support