|Enter your zip to find stuff near you|
This classified ad has expiredClick here to view current advertisements similar to this one.
5 Legal Tips for Dealing with a Minor
If you have ever been involved in a minor automobile accident you
know just how frustrating it can be. Here are some important tips for
dealing with the aftermath of a minor accident:
1. Pull safely to the side of the road and out of the traffic lanes, if possible. If you cannot do so or you
feel it is dangerous to move your vehicle, carefully exit your vehicle and move yourself to a safe
location away from traffic until help arrives.
2. Even if your accident seems minor, call the police and file an accident report. Do not admit to guilt or
responsibility for the accident to the police or other persons.
3. Exchange information with the driver of the other car or cars. Get the name, phone number, address
and insurance carrier of the other drivers. If there are witnesses on the scene take down their contact
4. Retain all documents regarding your accident. This includes the police report: the other driverís
information: any insurance documents you receive from your insurance carrier or the other driverís
insurance carrier and any medical papers or bills associated with the accident.
5. Do not sign any documents or agree to any type of settlement without calling your LegalShield
provider law firm to speak with an attorney.