Does treadmill burn fat?
Does treadmill burn fat?
Treadmills are the motorized equivalent of walking or running in place. You simply keep up with a belt that's moving under your feet. Treadmill workouts burn about the same number of calories as walking or running outdoors. The only exceptions seems to be running uphill. When you incline the treadmill to stimulate running up a grade, it's somewhat easier than running up real life hills that are equally steep. Walking uphill on a treadmill achieves virtually the same calorie burn as walking uphill outdoors.
Proper usage of the treadmill is important. Treadmills are among the easiest cardio machines to use. Still, treadmill users are not immune to poor posture. It's important to be careful on the treadmill also to avoid stumbling. Here are some tips on proper usage of the treadmill to burn calories and fat:
* Start slowly. Most treadmills have safety features that prevent them from starting out at rapid fast speeds or stop them immediately if you stumble but don't take chances. Always place one foot on either side of the belt as you turn on the machine, and step up on the belt only after you determine that it's moving at the slow set-up speed, usually between 1 and 2 miles per hour.
* Don't rely on the handrails. Holding on for balance as you figure out how to use the machine is okay, but let go as soon as you feel comfortable. You move more naturally if you swing your arms freely. You're working at too high a level if you to have to imitate a skier. In other words, if you hold onto the front rails and lean back. This is common among people who use the treadmill, and this position is bad for your elbows. If you have balance issues, go ahead and use the handrails lightly so that you feel steady and secure.
* Look forward. When you are in the middle of a workout and someone calls your name, don't turn around to answer.
* Expect to feel disoriented. The first few times that you use a treadmill, you may feel dizzy when you step off. Your body is just wondering why the ground suddenly stopped moving. Don't worry. Most people only experience this the first few times.
* Never go barefoot. Always wear a good pair of walking or running shoes for your treadmill workout.
For many other exercises and machines that burn fat, read more here. Remember, exercising properly and safely is the best way to burn fat and enjoy your workouts
Are you looking for some laughs, check out 100 funny things to put on your facebook wall here