Diablo III is a very competitive game, mostly because there's a real-money auction house (RMAH) system involved. However just being rich and buying all the good stuff from the RMAH will never make you a top player. The best solution to become an elite player, with outstanding PvE and PvP skills is to work with a good Diablo III guide.
But... how to make sure you actually end up with the best Diablo III guide?
In general, when it comes to game guides, the good stuff is never free. So, don't waste your time looking for a free guide. Most of them have the same info, copied from the main site and maybe slightly changed. Also, most of the free guides for this RPG are usually outdated.
A premium guide on the other hand, will offer you substantial information about all the content of the game. It will teach you how to level up as fast as possible, how to play your character at maximum to be the best in PvP, the best tactics to defeat various bosses, or point out secret spots where you can farm extraordinary pieces of equipment and many other expensive stuff.
However, if you're going to pay for a Diablo III guide, here are a few steps to go through, to avoid getting ripped off.
1. First of all, search the internet and find a few websites with unbiased reviews. A review website like this will surely point out the best Diablo III guides available at the moment. Make note about the 2-3 guides that are recommended the most.
2. Once you find the names of the most recommended guides, the next step would be to search and find out what real players say about them. So, search what's said about those guides on various forums. Or, if you're a member of a gaming forum, you can start a thread and ask a few questions there.
3. Go to the official website for each guide and check if has some sort of trial or free samples. If there isn't any trial or sample, you should contact the author and ask for one. Usually they respond fast and most of them will give you a free sample.
4. Another thing to look for when you purchase a Diablo III guide is the money back guarantee. A money back guarantee for any product demonstrates that the manufacturer really believes in their product, being confident that it will satisfy your needs. Also, don't opt for a guide which doesn't offer free updates. Most games nowadays suffer at least a major update every few months. I believe that at least the following 3-4 major updates for Diablo III will be free. So, why would you pay for a guide update?
5. Lastly, to make sure that you won't get ripped off, make sure the guide is sold through a reputable retailer like ClickBank, for example. To do that, just "simulate" a purchase. Click the buy button, but don't pay for it yet. You will immediately find out which is the company that manages the sale. Any product sold through ClickBank automatically has a 60 days, no-questions-asked, money back guarantee. So, if your guide turns out to be a scam, you can just ask ClickBank for a refund, within a term of 60 days. Usually, they process the refund in less than 48 hours.
If you follow these steps, you will stay away from any trashy guides and will not risk your money.
Now, I've done a little bit of research myself, regarding Diablo III guides and I ended up buying this guide. And I can assure you it's solid. You should try it too: Diablo III Guide
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Phillip_O'Riley