Want Peace of Mind? Try These 6 Steps...We all have negative thoughts. Some come from our past... some from habit... others from horrible situations we have lived through. Regardless the origin these "bad" thoughts don't necessarily mean we are a bad person. Our mind thinks over 70,000 thoughts in a single day, so that is a lot of filter, sort and control. Peace of mind comes from properly dealing with our thoughts... it doesn't we will no longer have negative ones.
Here are 6 Simple Steps to Help You More Effectively Gain Peace of Mind...
Look at yourself through kind eyes... keep these 6 steps in mind and don't look back.
- Be Aware - Work on noticing when you have a negative thought as soon as possible
- Keep Calm - Remember you can control the thought and you have a choice whether you will let it upset you or not.
- Catch the 1st Thought - A big problem usually starts as a small thought. Catching it early often keeps it from escalating.
- Is it True? - most negative thoughts are not totally true. Ask yourself if this is 100% accurate?
- Look for the Positive - Prove the thought wrong. Try to find evidence of the opposite of the thought.
- Don't Beat Yourself Up - We all have negative thoughts. Remember they don't necessarily make you a bad person.