Newborn first week
Newborn first week
Let's talk about how you are going to feel during the newborn first week :-)
What can you expect the first week yourself? Here are some ways and things that will affect you:
* You will still have painful uterine contractions, especially if you are nursing
* It's normal for your breasts to be full of milk,leaking and engorged.
* The area of your tear is probably still sore as well as your muscles.
* Your legs may still be swollen
* You may leak urine or stool and can't control it. Yes, this is a yucky feeling but it is normal.
* If bleeding gets heavier, or you pass blood clots, call your doctor.
* If you develop a fever, call your doctor.
* Take it easy. Don't worry about housework. This is a time when you need your rest. It's normal to cry, sigh or laugh for no reason. Don't be shy about asking for help from your family and friends. Trust me, you aren't bothering them. They love you and want to help.
* Give your partner a job or assignment to help you and to make him feel useful. He wants to help but just may not know how.
* Make your 6 week postpartum checkup appointment.
* Don't get down on yourself about your weight. Maternity clothes are still going to be the most comfortable to wear (even though you probably may not want to wear them). You are still going to look a little pregnant from the side. It's normal and it will go away soon enough.
Your whole life has just changed. It's very important that you take care of yourself as well as your newborn during the newborn first week.
View my main site for more reading about taking care of yourself after pregnancy, eating healthy and getting your old body back - (or better yet, a new and improved body :-) Be a fit mommy quickly!!!
Here is the link back to the main site
For more pregnancy and birth chatter, check out my blog