Canon PowerShot Black 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera - SX40HS
Zoom to Infinite Possibilities. The PowerShot SX40 HS is a versatile compact point-and-shoot camera that easily captures amazing photos and videos. The Canon HS SYSTEM boosts low-light performance with the new Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor and a high-sensitivity 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor. This advanced Canon technology delivers stunning image quality with reduced noise and blur. Colors are more vibrant and white balance is true-to-life. The 35x Optical Zoom offers incredible reach and range, allowing you to shoot any scene, near or far. The Optical Image Stabilizer helps images come out steady and clear, and a 24mm ultra Wide-Angle lens makes it easy to take pictures of large groups of people, tall buildings, expansive landscapes and much more. The camera also features a 2.7-inch Vari-angle LCD for great shooting flexibility. Packed with an array of powerful technologies, the PowerShot SX40 HS is a convenient digital camera capable of brilliant image capture.
The compact Canon SX40HS 12.1MP Digital Camera helps you capture those memorable moments of your life with ease. The Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor and a highly sensitive 12.1MP CMOS sensor ensure that your images are of excellent quality even in low light and sensitive conditions. This PowerShot digital camera is equipped with a 24mm wide angle lens that comes in handy while taking large landscape photos and group photos. On the other hand, the Optical Image Stabilizer ensures steady, blur-free images. This Canon digital camera features a wide 2.7" Vari-Angle LCD display that provides the flexibility of clear view from any angle. The Canon SX40HS 12.1MP Digital Camera makes use of the Intelligent IS technology that analyzes the camera movement and automatically selects the proper mode to produce the steadiest image. Annoying red-eye in the pictures will be a thing of the past as this digital camera incorporates features, such as Red Eye Reduction and Auto Red Eye Correction.
- Canon's high powered 35x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom (24-840mm) with Optical Image Stabilizer delivers magnificent images whether you are up close or far away.
- 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor combined with the new DIGIC 5 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM for improved low-light performance up to ISO 3200 and enhanced image quality.
- Capture stunning Full HD 1080p video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button; zoom while shooting and play back videos on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
- Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition.
- High-Speed Burst HQ allows for continuous capture at a maximum of 8 frames* while maintaining superb image quality and Super Slow Motion Movie records video at high speeds to allow playback in slow motion.
- 2.7-inch wide Vari-Angle LCD enables easy viewing from any angle.
- Zoom Framing Assist button aids in tracking and capturing subjects during super telephoto photography.
- Improved Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on 32 predefined shooting situations.
- Compact digital camera with built-in flash, 35x Optical & 4x Digital & 140x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
Image Capture Device
- Type 12.1 Megapixels 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor
- Total Pixels Approx. 12.8 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels Approx. 12.1 Megapixels
- Focal Length 4.3 (W) - 150.5mm (T) (35mm film equivalent: 24 (W) - 840mm (T))
- Digital Zoom Approx. 4.0x, up to 140x in combination with optical zoom
- Focusing Range Auto: 0 in. (0 cm) - infinity (W), 4.6 ft. - infinity (T) Normal: 2 in. (5 cm) - infinity (W), 4.6 ft. (1.4 m) - infinity (T) Macro: 0 in. (0 cm) -1.6 ft. (50 cm) (W)
- Autofocus System TTL Autofocus, Manual focus* * Shooting standby only in movie mode
- LCD Monitor 2.7-inch TFT color Vari-angle LCD with wide viewing angle
- LCD Pixels Approx. 230,000 dots
- LCD Coverage Approx. 100%
Aperture and Shutter
- Maximum Aperture f/2.7 (W), f/5.8 (T)
- Shutter Speed 1-1/3200 sec. 15-1/3200 sec. (Total shutter speed range)
- Sensitivity AUTO, ISO 100/200/400/800/1600/3200
- Light Metering Method Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, Spot** * Control to incorporate facial brightness in Face Detection AF ** Metering frame is fixed to the center
- Exposure Control Method AE Lock
- Exposure Compensation +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance Control Auto*, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Custom *Facial color is evaluated in Face AiAF.
- Built-in Flash Auto, Red-eye Reduction, Auto Red-eye Correction, Flash On, Flash Off; FE lock, Slow Synchro, Smart Flash
- Flash Range 1.6 - 23 ft. (W), 4.6 - 9.8 ft. (T), (50 cm - 7.0 m (W), 1.4 - 3.0 m (T))
- Recycling Time 10 seconds or less (battery voltage: 7.4V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Modes C2, C1, M, Av, Tv, P Auto*1, Sports, SCN*2, Creative Filters*3, Movie*4 *1 Smart AUTO also available for videos *2 Movie Digest, Portrait, Landscape, Smart Shutter*5, High-Speed Burst HQ, Handheld Night Scene, Low Light, Beach, Foliage, Snow, Fireworks, Stitch Assist *3 Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Color Accent, Color Swap *4 Standard, iFrame Movie, Super Slow Motion Movie *5 Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Self-timer
- Photo Effects My Colors Off, Vivid, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Custom
- Self Timer Custom*, Approx. 2-sec. delay, Approx. 10-sec. delay * Delay time (0-15 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1-10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.
- Continuous Shooting Approx. 2.4 shots/sec. (in P mode) Approx. 10.3 shots/sec. (in High-speed Burst HQ mode)* * Maximum of 8 continuous shots per burst Under conditions where the flash does not fire automatically. Differs depending on the zoom position.
- Storage Media SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card, Eye-Fi
- File Format Design rule for camera file system, DPOF Version 1.1 compliant
- Image Recording Format Normal, Fine
- JPEG Compression Mode Still Image: Exif. 2.3 (JPEG) Videos: MOV (Image data: H.264 data: Linear PCM (stereo))
- Number of Recording Pixels [16:9] Large: 4000 x 2248 Medium 1: 2816 x 1584 Medium 2: 1920 x 1080 Small: 640 x 360 [3:2] Large: 4000 x 2664 Medium 1: 2816 x 1880 Medium 2: 1600 x 1064 Small: 640 x 424 [4:3] Large: 4000 x 3000 Medium 1: 2816 x 2112 Medium 2: 1600 x 1200 Small: 640 x 480 [1:1] Large: 2992 x 2992 Medium 1: 2112 x 2112 Medium 2: 1200 x 1200 Small: 480 x 480
- Playback Modes File Still Images: Single, Index (4-100 thumbnails*), Magnification (Approx. 2x-10x), Easy, Auto Rotate, Scroll Display, Rotate, Favorites, My Category, Jump, Smart Shuffle, Filtered Playback, Information Display, Resume Playback, Red-Eye Correction, i-Contrast, Trimming, Resize, My Colors, Focus Check, Histogram, Overexposure Warning Videos: Normal Playback, Special Playback, Auto Rotate, Resume, Easy *As viewed in LCD monitor
- Erase Modes Select Image, single image, select all images
- Video Out NTSC/PAL
- Audio Out Stereo
- Other Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon and SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
- Power Source Battery Pack NB-10L, Compact Power Adapter CA-PS700 (when used with AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC80)
- Shooting Capacity Approx. 400 shots (Viewfinder) Approx. 380 shots (LCD)
- Playback Time Approx. 9 hours
- Operating Temperature 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Operating Humidity 10-90%
What's In The Box:
- PowerShot SX40 HS Body
- Battery Pack NB-10L
- Battery Charger CB-2LC
- Lens Cap
- Case for Hot Shoe Cap
- Neck Strap NS-DC11
- Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- Unit: 2 lbs
- Shipping: 5 lbs
- Depth: 4.24"
- Height: 3.64"
- Width: 4.84"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts And Labor
| Shipping Options|| Payment Options|