Colorado Springs Homeowners .. Why Winterize / Weatherize Your Home?
.. A GOOD QUESTION! - Gaps in a home's exterior cedar beval siding at walls, windows and door trim allow heated and cooled interior air to mix with unconditioned outside air. This mixing makes it more difficult for the home's heating and air-conditioning to maintain the desired temperature within the home ( ie. "cold spots" / "hot spots" ). This causes equipment to run for greater periods of time thus increasing electrical and heating fuel costs to rise. Aside from increased costs, the comfort level within the home is diminished. So why let WeFixItUSA winterize and weatherize your home? .. To save energy .. to reduce heating and cooling costs .. To increase your comfort .. To improve air quality within the home and to decrease the load on your HVAC system... and SAVE BIG BUCKS!!
For more information on how to begin the process and how WeFixItUSA of Colorado can help, please contact us at (719) 531-0961 or go to www.WeFixItUSA.com and complete Our Inquiry Form Online.
Here are some interesting facts about your home's Old Wood / Clad Windows and Doors, Old Cedar Beval Siding / Trim | Oldach, Marvin, Pella, PeachTree, BiltBest, Wenco, Lincoln, and Other Outdated old Windows / Doors:
- Air leakage can account for 5% to 40% of the costs to heat and cool your old house or buildings
- On average, heating and cooling of your home accounts for up to 43% of your homes energy consumption and usage
- Appliances ( including refrigerators ) account for 17% of a home’s energy usage / Water heating ( 12% ), lighting ( 11% ), and electronics ( 9% )
- Over its lifetime ONE (1) $ 3.00 CFL BULB will save $ 40.00 on your electric bill | Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs typically consume 65% - 75% less electricity than regular bulbs.
- LED Lighting consumes even less energy and WeFixItUSA can help here too!
- Only about 10% of Colorado Springs homes built before 1990 are adequately insulated | adding insulation creates a more uniform temperature and increases comfort in the home
- One of the quickest dollar-saving tasks you can do is caulk, seal, and weather-strip all seams, trim cracks, and openings to the outside of your home
- Fireplaces can be one of the worst air leakers in the home. An open chimney damper leaks air 24 hours a day
- Old, inefficient, or leaky Oldach | BiltBest | Pella | Ovalo | Marvin | Peachtree | Lincoln | Wenco windows & doors can account for up to 25% of your heating bill
- In sunny locations, low-e windows / glass replacements can cut the cooling / heating load by 15%.
Storm windows can reduce heat loss through the windows by 25% to 50% - contact WeFixItUSA today!
Older Colorado homes - built in the 1960's | 1970's | 1980's | 1990's | are generally less efficient and more prone to air leakage. Our actual winterizing and weatherizing process will vary from home to home and should be tailored to your home's specific needs. In general, the most common items addressed during our audit and assessment are issues related to "Air Sealing" .. Insulation .. Proper Ventilation .. Moisture Control .. Appliance and Lighting Energy Usage .. and this entire process is usually performed in less than four hours and is a simple, straight forward and revealing process. The benefits of our services can last the lifetime of your home.