There are many reasons why the Barnes & Noble NOOK Color is becoming increasingly popular these days. If you're looking for an ereader, and trying to figure out which one to get, you may be thinking about the difference between the Kindle and the NOOK Color.
Read in color! To tell you the truth, it's hard to compare the two because they have very different features from each other. They are both digital e-readers, but still quite different in lots of ways. For one, the Kindle is in black and white, while the NOOK Color is a color ereader.
This means that you can read books, and the pictures will be in color if they're supposed to be in color. Your magazines will be in bright, vivid color, with 16 million colors to choose from, this is a big plus. No more reading magazines in black and white. Some newspapers even have color pictures these days, so those will be in color on the NOOK, too.
Touchscreen. Another big difference is the touchscreen on the color NOOK. The Kindle still had a touchpad system, while the colored NOOK is a touchscreen. It's easy and fast to scroll through pages and selections, with just the flick of your finger. No more punching the keypad to make your selection.
NOOK COLOR WHOLESALE:
What are some of the other features on the NOOK Color?
- Surf the web. This is considered an enhanced web experience, which connects you to the internet, and does it quickly. It has a touch keyboard so it's easy to type in what you're looking for.
- Get your email. Anytime you're connected to the internet with the built in wi-fi, you can get and send email. Use the touch keyboard to type in all your messages.
- Watch movies. You can watch your favorite movies from lots of websites including YouTube. And watch them in vivid color, full screen in portrait or landscape mode.
- Listen to your music. This is a great feature. You can be reading your book or magazine and listening to your favorite music at the same time. Download your own music or tune into Pandora or other internet radio.
- 2 million books available from the worlds' largest bookseller, Barnes & Noble. And 1 million of these are free. And you can sample all of their books before you decide to buy them.
- Interactive childrens books. This is a wonderful feature. Lots of kids books use a picture book reading experience with a "Read to Me" feature that reads the book while your child looks at the words. It helps them learn to read!
- Some books come with embedded video so you can watch step by step and learn how to do stuff, like take pictures, cook, or learn music.
- Play games. Play games like crossword, solitaire, sudoku or chess, or other games that you can download to your NOOK.
- Built in wi-fi. This makes connection easy, just hook up to the nearest internet wirelessly. It goes with you for fast and easy connections.
- Stores thousands of books, music, pictures, newspapers, magazines, etc. so you can read and listen anywhere and anytime you want to.
This ereader tablet is really a combination of the iPad and the Kindle. You get the best of both worlds with the NOOK Color - the color, touchscreen, internet connection, and more.