If you want to sell your product or service on the Internet you have to capture a visitor's attention. If a potential customer comes to your website and does not like what they see is very easy for them to click the back button and visit one of your competitors. There's a lot that goes into a successful business like having a great product, compelling sales copy, steady traffic to the site etc. but if you have those things in place you need to have a professional looking website to keep your visitors attention in this article is going to give you seven steps to a better looking website.
1. Keep it simple: Your website does not have to be full of special effects, animated graphics, and other bells and whistles to try to impress your visitors. You want your website to look good but you also want your visitors to read your sales message and not be distracted by overdoing it on things that can distract visitors from the message you're trying to get across.
2. Choose a color scheme: You want to avoid using clashing colors that are unpleasing to the eye. You also want to make sure that your text is easy to read so you want to avoid putting white text on a white background or dark text on a dark background. If your text is difficult to read and hard on the eye your visitors will not stay on your page very long.
3. Keep the text on your site to approximately 600 pixels or less in width: many screens are still 800x600 pixels and you don't want a website visitor to have to scroll sideways to read your text. Scrolling back and forth is annoying and if you annoy your visitors they will move on to someone else's website. Keeping the text with less than 600 pixels also makes it easy for a reader to find the next line after reading the previous one.
4. Use professional looking graphics: The graphics you have on your site will send a message to your visitors. If you have professional looking graphics that people viewing your site will be more inclined to believe that you're also selling a professional quality product or service. By the same token if you have poorly designed, amateurish looking graphics on your site people will have serious doubts about the quality of the product or offering.
5. Use fast loading images: In addition to having professional looking images you want to have fast loading images. Compress your image files enough so that the image still looks good but does not take very long to load. People on the Internet are inpatient and will not wait long for an image to load.
6. Keep your opt in box above the fold: If you are building an e-mail list, and you should be, you'll want to have the opt in box in a prominent location where your visitors will be sure to see it. "Above the fold" refers to stories in the newspaper that are visible when the newspaper is at the newsstand. These are the stories that people see without even having to touch the paper. By the same token your opt in box being "above the fold" simply means that it is clearly visible as soon as your page loads without the need for your visitor to scroll down.
7. Use a spellchecker: This tip should be an obvious one but always make sure you check the spelling of your copy before uploading your website. Obvious spelling mistakes will take away from your credibility and give people less confidence in the quality of the product or service that you're offering.
Trying to create a professional looking website that grabs a visitor's attention can seem overwhelming but following these tips will help make the task a lot easier. The design does not have to be complicated. A simple site can do a great job of getting your message across and selling your products. Use a pleasing color scheme, professional looking graphics that load quickly, keep the text easy to read, and put that opt in box where people can see it and you'll have a good looking site that gets results. Click Here for More Details.