If you are tired of buying store-bought bread and no longer want to look longingly at the loaves of artisan bread at your local bakery, you are ready to purchase a bread machine. But, how do you know which one is right for you?According to consumerresearch.com, there are a few factors to consider when choosing which bread machine to buy:
1. The number of people you want to serve. On average, a two and a half pound loaf of bread provides 20 slices and a one-pound loaf yields eight slices.
2. Whether you prefer horizontal or vertical baking. If you need your bread loaves to look like they came from a store, you need to shop for a horizontal-baking machine. There is virtually no difference in taste; rather this is an aesthetic feature.
3. What features you will use. Some machines are fully programmable which allow you to customize textures and a wide variety of other settings, while others only offer preprogrammed options. The more you want to customize your bread, the more features you will need.
4. Whether you want the bread to bake quickly. Smaller machines make small quality loaves in under an hour, while larger machines on a quick bake setting can turn out dense loaves.
5. Whether you want to wake up to freshly baked bread. If so, you will need a machine with a long-range timer. Many machines offer 13-hour timers.
6. Whether your machine needs to run for an empty cycle before use. Many machines need to be run for one or two cycles prior to the first use to burn off manufacturing oils. Not all product manuals mention this; so make sure to call the customer service department to see if it is necessary.
When you are shopping for bread machines make sure to keep these factors in mind to help you make the best buying decision. You want a bread machine you and your family can count on for fresh, nutrious, delicious bread - for years to come.
Want to know the gold standard in bread machines? It's the Zojirushi Bread Maker
Consumerresearh.com also lists the Zojirushi bread machine line as one of the "best picks" by consumers.
Over 300 reviews have the Zojirushi as a hands-down winner in many categories.
- The Zojirushi bread maker product line offers both a larger model that produces a 2-lb loaf and a "Mini" that produces a one-pound loaf.
- The Zojirushi line bakes horizontally and offers some of the most advanced features found on bread machines.
- The Zojirushi line also features the 13-hour programmable timer, which gives you fresh baked bread in the morning.
- The Zojirushi line is perfect the experienced baker who wants to change consistency and crust settings or the novice who just wants to make homemade bread.
Click here to find out how to save money and get the best price when you buy a Zojirushi Bread Maker