Divorce puts men at a disadvantage. There is bias in the law, bias in the courts, even bias in the media. That all works together to put you at a serious disadvantage if you are a man involved in a divorce. These things have even put a bias into your soon to be Ex where she will be expecting more and pushing for more and quite likely get it if you don't come prepared. Yes, you can loose everything.
Women also have plenty of support to bolster them during this time and after, but very seldom do you hear of support groups for men who are involved in divorce. It is bad because most support for men that is out there is for men who have been bled dry and emasculated by their Ex and by the divorce process. These men now seek to huddle together and whine like puppies in the night. Don't let that be you, take action.
- Get involved with your case. No one cares more about your divorce than you do. On the other side of it you will be building a new life. Your lawyer has lots of other cases besides yours, lawyers do a lot of cookie cutter work. What they write and agree to for one case kind of all melds together and the lawyer may not recall all of the details of your case as he works. So learn the process and keep on top of every aspect. Manage your lawyer and your case.
- You need information because your lawyer will cover the legal issues and it can sometimes make your head spin. You need to learn this stuff so that you can contribute to your winning strategy. You also need to know if your lawyer is using the best approach, if you get the right information it will insure that no mistakes are made and you will also understand the billing better so that you can be certain that you are not over charged.
- Armed with knowledge about the process you will know what to expect and you can influence the divorce process in a positive way. This will help you keep your emotions in check and put the odds in your favor.
- One of the biggest weapons your wife can use against you is to stir your emotions and cause anger. You will not be thinking right if you get into anger. Mastering your emotions with understanding of what is going on will help you big time. Remember, anger can cost you thousands of dollars in a divorce.
- Build your strategy around how you want your divorce to wind up. Know your outcome and by understanding the process you can help your attorney work a winning strategy.
There will be stress along the way but if you keep these 5 tips in mind they will help you through the divorce and into your great new life on the other side. Don't join the group of emasculated whining puppies who got wiped out in their divorces. Learn the process and win this thing.