Getting the right acne skincare for your skin type will go a long way to prevent acne breakouts.
Did you know that the skin is the largest organ in your body? It has also been referred to as a "third kidney" for its ability to get rid of toxins. Covering you from head to toe, the skin is one of the crucial parts of your body’s defense system. Remember that clean and healthy skin means a healthy body and a happier you.
The skin is on duty protecting you 24 hours per day and keeping infections out. It is the first line of defense against attacks on your health. This is why it is so important to take care of your skin and your body and to make sure you are helping them do their jobs. By keeping your skin clean and healthy today you also prevent problems such as wrinkles, age spots or skin cancer tomorrow. Don’t slack just because some things are still to come.
Hygiene goes beyond the simple task of making sure you don’t smell bad. Proper hygiene means keeping clean the largest organ in your body and also the most exposed to the hazards of this world. Here’s a list featuring simple tips for your daily hygiene:
Start simple. Who said you need expensive products to take care of your skin? Gentle cleansers or soaps are usually enough for the daily cleansing of your skin.
- Start early. People tend to think that skin hygiene can be postponed indefinitely. This is not the case if you want to have healthy skin in your old age. Start protecting your skin today (by putting on sunscreens daily for example) so it can stay healthy and fresh as the years go by.
- Use mild soap. Stay away from harsh cleansers that are made of strong chemicals as these will only irritate your skin more. Harsh cleansers can dissolve your skin’s natural proteins and oils, thus doing more harm than good. Cleansing products should be as chemical-free as possible. Keep deodorant soaps away from your face! They are made of strong chemicals and also leave a detergent film behind. This protective layer will actually irritate your skin and clog your pores.
- Use lukewarm water. The water used on your face should always be lukewarm. If you make it too hot, you will dehydrate your skin, making it more prone to damage. You may also scald or even burn your skin. If it’s too cold, the water will dry your skin. Don't shock your skin either way.
- Be gentle. Some people think they ought to scrub their skin raw, but this is one of the things to avoid. You should instead be careful not to damage or tear your skin. Exfoliation is good because it will help remove dead skin cells, but be careful, as excessive scrubbing can have counter productive results.
- Toning is fine as it helps keep the skin clear and firm. The best toners around are those containing alpha hydroxy acids and glycolic. Avoid those made with alcohol and those that are marked photosensitive.
- Moisturize your skin. Moisturizers work by preventing the loss of water. They either draw moisture to the outer layer of the skin, or coat the skin's surface with a film of substance, thus sealing moisture into the skin. The best substances for an intensive moisture treatment are pure vitamin E, or Aloe Vera oil. The oil is available in liquid form. You can also break open a capsule and apply the oil directly to the skin. This is a great treatment for the sensitive skin under your eyes as the skin here secretes none of the oils that keep skin supple and firm.
Take the right approach to acne skincare and prevent acne breakouts. Nobody else will do that for you. Start by getting your Clearpores System today!