Keys To Effective Diets: How To Win At Weight Loss
There are several keys to effective diets.
No single key is greatly more important than the others; rather they all work in unison, a "synergistic" result; in that each of the keys to effective diets compliments the others; and they work in tandem to facilitate our goals.
In order to understand the keys to effective diets, we first need to understand a little about how weight gain and weight loss actually works.
Weight gain or weight loss is a function of our metabolism.
The metabolism can be compared to a “furnace” within us that converts the calories that we consume into energy. If we consume more calories than we burn as energy; we gain weight; and if we burn more calories than we consume, we lose weight.
Here is one of the real keys to effective diets: the body is programmed to maintain, not to lose.
The metabolism adjusts itself to expect what it is usually given.
Therefore, if we have been eating 2000 calories per day, and then reduce that caloric intake to 1500 calories per day in order to lose weight; the body perceives that reduction in nourishment; and adjusts the metabolism to burn fewer calories; in order to maintain weight; because it perceives a threat of starvation due to decreased nourishment.
So by eating less in order to lose weight, our bodies compensate by trying to maintain weight.
The keys to effective diets include these considerations:
1) The diet cannot be so restrictive as to make you feel hungry or deprived.
2) It must be easy to follow and allow for the fact that sometimes we have to “eat on the run” (fast food).
3) For health reasons, we should not choose weight loss programs that require us to “banish” an entire food group from our diets. We must be able to partake of reasonable portions from all of the major food groups; as that is what our bodies are designed to do.
4) It must create a “synergistic” circumstance; whereby every tactic we employ for weight loss compliments every other tactic.
5) We must see measurable results in order to maintain our motivation.
The keys to effective diets are to provide the body with needed nourishment; while avoiding the inevitable metabolic slow down that most diets cause.
Fortunately, there are weight loss programs that are designed around the scientific principles that rule weight loss, and you can see some of those at the link below.
Click Here To See It Now!