Norman Security Suite is a set of security programs to guard you against Internet threats such as viruses, worms, trojans, spyware and hackers. The different programs will protect you against inappropriate content, rootkits and other hostile activity against you and your computer, whether you are using online banking, chatting, emailing, playing or just surfing the Internet.
How it works:
- Virus protection recognizes, blocks, and removes viruses, worms, trojans and other varieties of destructive program code
- Automatic Virus & Spyware protection recognizes, blocks, and removes unwanted programs as viruses, worms, trojans and other varieties of destructive program code jeopardizing your privacy, identity or simply reducing computer performance.
- Proactive malware protection using Norman SandBox™ technology keeps your personal data free from new unknown viruses, trojans, worms and other malicious programs.
- Protects email, instant message attachments, Internet downloads, and web browsing from malware like viruses, spyware, trojans, and other threats that may enter your computer.
- Parental Control protects your family by limiting access to specific Web sites. The system is based on pre-defined rules preventing age groups from accessing undesirable websites, containing pornography, weapon information, or other inappropriate material.
- Advanced Personal Firewall provides real-time protection against hackers and malicious web robots by filtering inbound and outbound traffic as well as alerting you to any attempted attack.
- Antipharming protects the user’s HOSTS file against tampering by malicious applications.
- Protection against malware masquerading as an authorized application by utilizing a check summing technique.
- Auto-update of all modules runs silently in the background, as any new security update will automatically be downloaded and installed silently.
- Norman SandBox™ is used to check if a file is infected by an unknown virus or spyware. The method allows un-trusted, possible viral code to play around on the computer – not in the real computer, but in a simulated and restricted area within the computer. The virus is exposing itself in the sandbox, and because its actions have been recorded, the cure for this new perpetrator can be generated automatically.