Zojirushi Bread Makers - Let The First Smell Of the Morning Be Warm, Fresh Bread
If you are uninterested in buying store-bought bread and no longer want to look longingly at the loaves of workman bread at your local bakery, you are ready to get a bread machine. If you've thought about getting a bread machine, but weren't sure which one was right for you, here are some important things to think about.
Important Factors In Bread Machine Selection:
1. How many people will be eating your bread on a regular basis? Normally a 2 and a half pound loaf of bread provides twenty slices and an one-pound loaf yields eight slices.
2. The shape of the loaf produced. Many home bakers like to make round loaves, but bread machines often bake cylindrical loaves. The Zojirushi home bakery makes rectangular shaped loaves similar to what you'd get if you made your own bread in a bread pan. There is nearly no difference in taste; rather this is a classy feature.
3. How many bells and whistles do you need? If you're a set-it-and-forget it baker, you might like a bread maker that has a lot of pre-programmed options. If you are a gormand, you may need something you can fiddle with to customize all the bread's settings. The more exotic loaves you make (different flours, fresh ingredients (sprouts), and mix-ins), the more demand you may have for a customizable machine.
4. Do you need to make your loaves fast? Smaller machines make small quality loaves in under an hour, while larger machines on a fast bake setting can turn out dense loaves.
5. Do you want the bread maker working on auto-pilot while you're out of the house? If so, you'll need a machine with a long-range timer. Look for a bread machine with a 13-hour timer or longer!
6. Do you need to run the machine on empty to get it cleaned out? Many machines need to be run for 1 or 2 cycles prior to the 1st use to burn off manufacturing oils. Not all product manuals mention this; so take care to call the customer service department to determine if it is necessary.
The Best Bread Machine? The Zojirushi Home Bakery.
Consumer Research names The Zojirushi Home Bakery as one of their consumers' favorite items. Their reviewers named the Zojirushi bread maker as a clear favorite in many of the categories tested.
Depending on whether you want a small or large size loaf, look for the bread oven that will serve you - Zojirushis come in 2 sizes. The Zojirushi bread machines are especially prized for their ability to make heavy whole-wheat breads - they have a lot of kneading power inside with two paddles! The Zojirushi bakery also features the 13-hour programmable timer, which gives you fresh baked bread in the morning. This is the perfect low-labor, time saving substitute for your favorite home made bread recipes.
When you are shopping for bread machines make sure to keep the factors in mind to help make the best buying decision. But, make sure to take a look at the Zojirushi line to see if it is suitable for you.