What causes nail fungus?
- When your nail has been hurt. The nail lifts from the nail bed leaving a space for the fungus to creep under.
- A damp, warm alkaline environment is a great place for the bacteria to thrive. So keep your feet as dry, breathable and acidic as possible. Moor mud moisturisers provide an acidic environment. Also try wearing socks that are all cotton or all wool instead of synthetic as they will keep your feet dryer.
- Your immune system is down: Make sure that you are eating a balanced diet, exercising and resting enough.
- Poor blood circulation. Your nail is more prone to injury if the blood flow is insufficient.
- You have come into contact with the fungus. Maybe at a swimmingpool or shower.
Natural remedies for nail fungus
- Salt soaks
- Gentian violet
- Tea tree oil
- Blend 2 drops of Oregano essential oil with a tsp of olive oil. Apply this mix on the infected area daily for NOT more than two weeks
- Other natural cures and remedies
ZetaClear contains a proprietary formulation of natural oils each of which has been demonstrated to contribute to the promotion of healthy looking nails.