Customer Comment SDSG391 16’ x 20’ Garage
Kathy is happy with the following plans and sends us pictures to show how great the garage plan ended up.
I had purchased a customized plan from you back in March. They worked great! Our city planning/permitting really liked them and it helped the process go smoothly. Attached is a picture of the little shop we built with your plans.
Kathy's SDSG391 16 x 20 plan from SDSCAD
Here are the original specs on the plans
1. 16×20, 8 foot from finished floor to bottom of joists
2. standard exterior double doors instead of garage door on 16″ side
3. Site consideration - 1 foot of elevation change on the site from the highest corner to the lowest corner (diagonally)
4. footing & stem wall (load bearing 1500 lb/sq ft) - 12″ wide x 6″ high
5. 2×6 treated mudsill bolted to top of stem wall. 2×4 bottom plate secured to 2×6 mudsill.
6. (2) 3×3 windows up high (just enough room for a header between window & top plate) on each of the long 20 ft sides and (1) 3×3 window in back also high - all (5) windows spaced evenly
7. 2×4 construction walls
8. no trusses - rafters and joists with storage but no occupancy above the joists (storage for future plan)
9. 10:12 slope roof
10. eaves with rake ends and fascia - 2×6 fascia
11. composite roof
12. hardiplank 6 1/4″
Thanks Kathy it was good working with you on your plans.
Original cost to design these custom plans = $150.00
Click Here for Complete Materials List
Available in PDF $19.95 or DWG $39.95