Avoid Wild Toenail Fungus Treatments on the Internet
35 million people yearly battle with trying to find toenail fungus treatments that work. Nail fungus can be quite embarassing depending on the situation and seems nearly impossible to get rid of at times.
Toenail fungus is basically caused by the same fungus that causes athlete's foot. The fungus is a result of a small parasitic fungus called a dermatophyte. They generally infect the surface of the skin and nails.
One of the signs of toenail fungus is that your nails become yellow or brown in color, and they may be quite brittle or cracking. At times, the nail will separate from your nail bed and may even become a dead nail.
Nail fungus is highly contagious so it's important to avoid situations where you could come in contact with contaminated surfaces. Despite the look, smell and frustration, there are over the counter toenail fungus treatments that can normally cure the problem.
Here are some tips to help avoid a lengthy battle with toenail fungus...
1. Wash Your Feet-Make sure to wash your feet thoroughly and use some type of anti-fungal soap if you think that you are at risk.
2. Dry your feet after washing and do what you can to keep them dry during the work day. Toenail fungus lives best in damp, dark places, so your shoes are an ideal location.
3. Wear clean socks and try not to wear the same pair of shoes multiple days in a row.
4. Going barefoot in community areas like gyms and pools should be avoided. Even when talking about family members, you should refrain from sharing shoes, and make sure that the shower at home is cleaned often.
5. Make sure to wear properly fitted shoes as any kind of trauma to the nail could result in fungus problems later. Be advised the some nail injuries are mistaken as fungus.
6. Keep nails trimmed and well filed.
7. Avoid internet remedies and self-treatments like bleach and vaginal cream.
If you are looking for an effective toenail fungus treatment, zetaclear provides an oral or topical formula that has proven to be quite successful as a cure for toenail fungus.
cure for toenail fungus.