Hofner Jazzica Archtop Guitar With Ameritage Case Offered For Immediate Sale By J Hale Music. Instrument features single Venetian cutaway with carved, solid German Spruce top and 5 ply binding. Highly figured laminated African Maple (aka Anigree) back & sides. Neck is 1 3/4'' at the nut, 25 1/2'' scale. Body is 16'' across lower bout. Specially designed ''Hofner Contour'' body tapers from 4'' @ the tailpiece to 2 1/2'' @ the neck and brings the neck closer to the player. You will love playing the Jazzica in either a sitting orstanding position. Asymmetric neck profile is thicker @ the bass side, thinner @ treble side. Ebony fingerboard on a 24-fret Hard Rock Maple set neck that joins body @ the 16th fret. Bound neck, top & ''cat's eye'' f-holes. Single neck-mounted floating Hofner Diamond pickup (by Kent Armstong) w/ body mounted volume & tone controls, Schaller M6 machine heads. Removable, Ebony f-hole plugs provide tolerance to amplified feedback.
Instrument is an early German built Jazzica, probably manufactured in 1999 or 2000 and it is in excellent cosmetic condition and playing condition. Neck is straight, action is low, frets are in good playing condition, no dings, no cracks. This instrument was originally fitted with a metal tailpiece and gold volume/tone control knobs. These have been updated to the the current ebony versions along with an ebony pickguard - original items are included as shown in picture. Includes upgraded Ameritage AME-30 hardshell case with humistat and temperature gauges. This case sells new for $385.00. Instrument fits tightly into case and must be entered "headstock first". Street price on a new German built Jazzica would be $3,500.00.
- We do not accept trade-ins for items listed on eBay.
- For international shipments, we must list the actual price paid on all customs declarations, no exceptions.
- We will ship internationally via FedEx. Please note that USPS is not practical for International shipment of guitars due to insurance limits ($650.00 maximum for most countries) and size liminations (many countries limited to 42" length, guitar boxes are 50" in length.) There are exceptions but for most locations, shipping a guitar via USPS is not a good idea.
- Typical shipping/insurance charges to most European countries is $285.00. Australia is typically $395.00. For an exact quotation please advise country, city and postal code.
- Please click on "me" symbol in above auction header for more details about J Hale Music. You may contact us at anytime.