Other Smooth Treadmill Comparison Reviews
Both the Smooth 6.25 treadmill and the Smooth 7.1HR Pro has been out for a relatively long time. Some people like the Smooth 6.25 better because it’s at a more affordable price point while some like the Smooth 7.1 HR Pro over the Smooth 6.25 because they equate pricier as being better. What this review will try to answer is what’s best for you based on your current situation.
If you look closely, the Smooth 6.25 is really similar to the Smooth 7.1 HR Pro with minimal differences. Yet, depending on whether the treadmills are “on sale”, there could be anywhere from a $0 or $500 price gap between the two. If you intend on getting either of these treadmills, it’s best if you can wait until the Smooth 6.25 is priced at $1499 or until the Smooth 7.1 is priced at $1699. These prices are the lowest that these treadmills will sell for including situations when they’re “on sale”.
Reviewing these two treadmills side by side, and you’ll quickly discover the similarities outnumber the differences. Among the things that are different, we have the following list:
- The Smooth 6.25 is lighter by 20 pounds than the Smooth 7.1 HR Pro. A heavier treadmill is usually equated with a more stable running surface.
- The Smooth 7.1HR Pro comes with a wireless chest strap by default while the Smooth 6.25 doesn’t (but you can order one as an optional feature).
- Different cushioning technology. Each treadmill has its own name for the cushioning technology they use but you can’t really tell which one’s better by reading the description.
- Both treadmills allow folding but the Smooth 6.25 is manual folding while you can power fold the Smooth 7.1 HR Pro treadmill.
- They have a different exterior look.
If you notice, the differences are really insignificant if you consider from a quality and reliability point of view. Of course, the Smooth 7.1 HR Pro holds the advantage in practically all areas over the Smooth 6.25 but these advantages are really significant.
Treadmill Doctor, the most credible review source for treadmills gave identical ratings to both treadmills in the quality and reliability department. This means that even though the Smooth 7.1 HR Pro is pricier than the Smooth 6.25 treadmill, neither holds an advantage over the other when it comes to being a better built piece of fitness equipment.
As you can probably tell by now based on what’s written in this review, neither the Smooth 6.25 nor the Smooth 7.1 HR Pro holds an advantage over the other in both the quality and reliability department. As a result, if you want to save a few bucks, by all means get the Smooth 6.25 treadmill. If you want the extra heart rate monitor or if you like the power fold feature, get the Smooth 7.1 HR Pro.
Based on reading breakdown stories from treadmills in this price range, you shouldn’t expect either treadmill to take on serious runners (more than 20 miles per week) and not need repairs in the long run.
Quick Links :
Save $598 On The Smooth 6.25 Treadmill
Take $498 Off The Regular Price of The Smooth 7.1HR Pro