How to Organize a Golf Tournament
Would you like to organize a golf tournament? There's an easy way for this if you have the right tool... And now you've found the right tool...
Dear Carl is the most indepth and detailed manual on how to organize and run a successful one-day, small business golf tournament ever written.
You will learn how to:
• Recruit and collect prizes (this is much easier than you think)
• Organize prize distribution (if you want to organize a golf tournament the easier, softer way)
• Correctly sign up players (there is a wrong way?)
• Give non-handicapped players an accurate handicap (there are very complicated ways to do this; I simplify it for you)
• Correctly conduct a blind draw (unless your golf tournament is for charity purposes, I give you the one reason why you should never let teams form themselves and I’ll teach you the one and only way to draw teams where all the team handicaps are shockingly close)
• Correctly give a team their team handicap (most golf tournaments err severely by basing a team handicap on the team’s total handicap—bad dog!—I explain why)
• Collect and disperse prize money (yes, winners should win, but you’ll learn why they shouldn’t win big)
• Raise more money for your prize pool (smaller tournaments can rigorously boost monies by this technique but I personally do not use it as I feel it jeopardizes the integrity of the game)
• Properly recognize your sponsors (the hows and whys concerning the fine art of recognition)
• Choose the correct tournament format (size does matter and I disclose why)
• Use video and photography (c’mon, is this really that important?)
• “Brand” your tournament (your brain should churn out ideas like Toyota does cars after reading these examples)